Contact The Orlow Firm Today!
Our attorneys are ready to help you.
New York City Nerve Damage Lawyers
Nerve Damage Experts With Offices in Queens, Brooklyn, The Bronx & Manhattan
Accidents and medical negligence can be devastating, leaving individuals grappling with severe consequences that dramatically affect their quality of life. One of the most complicated and debilitating types of injuries a person can suffer from is nerve damage. If you’ve experienced nerve damage due to the negligence of someone else in New York City, you don’t have to suffer alone. The Orlow Firm is committed to helping you get the justice you deserve and the financial compensation to support your road to recovery.
- Nerve damage can result from various causes, including car accidents, medical malpractice, and slip and fall incidents.
- Victims of nerve damage may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, loss of income, pain and suffering, and more.
- The Orlow Firm is experienced in dealing with complex nerve damage cases, helping clients maximize their settlement.
- Legal requirements, such as statutes of limitations, can affect your case; it’s essential to act quickly.
How The Orlow Firm Can Help Maximize Your Case
When it comes to navigating the complexities of nerve damage cases in New York City, The Orlow Firm offers unparalleled expertise and experience. Our legal team understands the devastating emotional, physical, and financial impact that nerve damage can have on your life. That’s why we are committed to meticulously investigating the circumstances of your case, gathering compelling evidence, and consulting with medical experts to assess the extent of your injuries.
Our strength lies in our strategic approach to litigation. We know how to challenge insurance companies that aim to minimize your settlement. By thoroughly examining every facet of the law, from liability to damage assessments, we are able to build a persuasive case that aims to maximize your compensation for medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and other associated costs.
Additionally, The Orlow Firm prides itself on a client-centric approach. You’re not just another case to us; you’re a person in need of justice and we are committed to providing personalized, compassionate service at every step of the legal process. Our New York City nerve damage lawyers are not just looking for a quick settlement; we are invested in ensuring you get the full compensation you’re entitled to, even if that means going to trial. Trust us to be your steadfast advocates in this challenging journey towards justice and recovery.
Causes of Nerve Damage
In New York City, nerve damage can result from a multitude of circumstances that often involve negligence or recklessness on the part of individuals, employers, or medical professionals. One common cause is car accidents, where sudden impact or trauma can easily damage nerve fibers. Motorcycle and bicycle accidents also often lead to nerve damage due to the limited protection available to riders. Construction accidents, frequently occurring in the bustling environment of NYC, pose another significant risk. Falls, being struck by objects, or encountering hazardous materials can all lead to nerve injuries.
Medical malpractice is another prevalent cause, especially in a city with numerous hospitals and healthcare facilities. Surgical errors, improper administration of medication, or neglectful post-operative care can all result in nerve damage. Moreover, slip and fall accidents in public spaces like sidewalks, subways, or commercial premises due to inadequate maintenance can also cause nerve-related injuries.
Understanding the specific cause of your nerve damage is crucial for your legal case. At The Orlow Firm, our New York City nerve damage lawyers specialize in identifying the root cause of your nerve injury and determining who is legally liable. By pinpointing the cause and holding the responsible parties accountable, we can build a strong case to help you receive the compensation you deserve for your suffering and loss.
Common Types of Nerve Damage
Nerve damage is a complex medical condition with various types, each presenting its own set of challenges and complications. In the context of personal injury cases in New York City, some of the most common types of nerve damage we encounter at The Orlow Firm are:
- Neuropathy: This is a general term for nerve damage and can manifest as numbness, tingling, or weakness in the affected area. It often results from traumatic injuries like car accidents or medical negligence.
- Axonotmesis: This type of nerve damage is more severe and typically occurs from serious trauma or crush injuries. Axonotmesis affects the ability of the nerve to transmit signals and often requires extensive treatment and rehabilitation.
- Neurotmesis: The most severe form of nerve damage, neurotmesis involves the complete severance or rupture of the nerve. This condition is often irreversible and usually results from catastrophic events like violent accidents or extreme medical malpractice.
Understanding the specific type of nerve damage you’ve sustained is crucial in building a compelling legal case. Our New York City nerve damage lawyers at The Orlow Firm work closely with medical professionals to accurately diagnose and document your condition. This information is vital in calculating the appropriate amount of compensation you should receive for medical expenses, long-term care, loss of income, and pain and suffering. Trust us to use our specialized knowledge and resources to help you navigate this complex legal landscape.
Who Can Be Legally Liable For Nerve Damage Injuries In New York?
Determining legal liability in nerve damage cases is a nuanced process that requires an in-depth understanding of both the law and the specific circumstances surrounding your injury. In New York City, different parties can be held accountable depending on how the nerve damage occurred:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: If your nerve damage was a result of a car, motorcycle, or truck accident, the driver who was at fault can be held liable for your injuries. In some instances, the liability could extend to the vehicle’s manufacturer if a defect contributed to the accident.
- Construction Site Incidents: Employers or contractors could be liable if the injury occurred due to unsafe working conditions, lack of proper safety measures, or negligence in training and supervision.
- Medical Malpractice: In cases where nerve damage was inflicted during a surgical procedure, medication error, or inadequate care, the healthcare provider—be it the surgeon, nurse, or even the hospital—can be held legally responsible.
- Premises Liability: Owners of commercial properties, as well as municipal entities, could be held liable for slip and fall accidents that lead to nerve damage if it is proven that they failed to maintain a safe environment.
At The Orlow Firm, our New York City nerve damage lawyers are skilled in identifying who is legally liable for your injuries. By thoroughly investigating the circumstances and collecting all necessary evidence, we can build a compelling case to ensure you receive the compensation you are legally entitled to for your suffering and losses.
What Can Victims Of Nerve Damage Be Compensated For In New York?
In New York, compensation for nerve damage injuries can be categorized into two main types: economic and non-economic damages. Our New York City nerve damage lawyers at The Orlow Firm specialize in ensuring that you receive compensation for all facets of your suffering. Here is an exhaustive list:
- Medical Expenses: Covers current and future medical bills, including doctor visits, surgeries, diagnostic tests, medications, and medical equipment.
- Rehabilitation Costs: Expenses for physical therapy, occupational therapy, and any rehabilitation services needed for recovery.
- Lost Wages: Compensation for the time you’ve missed from work due to your injury, including future income if you’re unable to return to your previous employment.
- Loss of Earning Capacity: If your injury limits your ability to earn in the future, you may be entitled to compensation for reduced income potential.
- Home Modifications: If your nerve damage requires modifications to your home, such as ramps or specialized bathroom fixtures, these costs can be included.
- Assisted Living or In-Home Care: For severe cases requiring long-term care or assistance with daily activities.
- Pain and Suffering: Compensation for the physical pain, discomfort, and inconvenience caused by the nerve damage.
- Emotional Distress: Covers the psychological impact, such as anxiety, depression, or trauma related to the injury.
- Loss of Consortium: Compensation for the impact of the injury on your relationship with your spouse or family members.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life: If the injury affects your ability to enjoy daily activities or hobbies, you may receive compensation for this loss.
- Reputational Damages: In some cases, if the injury leads to defamation or loss of reputation, you may be entitled to compensation.
- Punitive Damages: In cases of extreme negligence or malicious intent, punitive damages are awarded to deter the responsible party and others from similar behavior.
The Orlow Firm prides itself on thoroughly exploring every avenue for both economic and non-economic damages to maximize the compensation you’re entitled to receive.
Statute of Limitations For Nerve Damage Claims In New York:
In New York, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases, including nerve damage claims, is generally three years from the date of the injury. This means you have a limited time frame to initiate legal action against the responsible party. Failing to file your claim within this period will likely result in the loss of your right to seek compensation for your injuries.
However, there are some exceptions to this rule. For example, in the case of medical malpractice causing nerve damage, the statute of limitations may be two and a half years from the date of the malpractice or the end of continuous treatment rendered by the party you intend to sue. If the victim is a minor, the statute of limitations generally does not start running until the child reaches 18 years of age, although there are nuances to consider.
It’s crucial to consult with experienced New York City nerve damage lawyers like those at The Orlow Firm as soon as possible after your injury. Our team can help you navigate the complexities of New York’s statute of limitations and ensure that your claim is filed on time. We understand that dealing with the repercussions of nerve damage can be overwhelming, but missing the legal deadline could cost you the compensation you rightfully deserve. Trust us to keep your case on track and secure the justice you seek.
While not all incidents of nerve damage are preventable, especially those caused by the negligence or recklessness of others, there are some general prevention methods that can reduce the risk. At The Orlow Firm, we believe that education and awareness can play a vital role in minimizing these life-altering injuries. Here are some strategies:
- Road Safety: Always adhere to traffic rules and use seat belts when driving. For motorcyclists and bicyclists, wearing proper protective gear, including helmets, can go a long way in minimizing the risk of nerve damage in accidents.
- Workplace Safety: If your job involves hazardous conditions, always use the recommended safety gear and follow safety protocols. Employers should regularly update employees on safety measures.
- Medical Procedures: When undergoing surgeries or medical treatments, always ensure that you are working with credentialed professionals in reputable facilities. Don’t hesitate to ask questions about your treatment and any associated risks.
- Proper Footwear: Especially important in icy or slippery conditions common in New York winters, wearing shoes with good traction can prevent slip and fall accidents that can lead to nerve injuries.
- Regular Exercise: Strengthening your muscles can offer better support to your nerves, reducing the risk of injury. Consult a healthcare provider for an exercise routine that is right for you.
- Awareness of Surroundings: Always being aware of your environment can help you avoid situations where accidents are more likely to occur, such as navigating busy New York City streets or crowded subways.
Even with the best prevention methods, accidents can still happen. If you or a loved one has experienced nerve damage due to someone else’s negligence, our New York City nerve damage lawyers at The Orlow Firm can help you seek the compensation you deserve.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long does it take to resolve a nerve damage case?
- Can I sue for future medical expenses?
- How is liability determined in nerve damage cases?
- What if I’m partially at fault?
- How much is my case worth?
Why Choose The Orlow Firm?
When it comes to navigating the complexities of nerve damage cases in New York City, you need a legal partner that brings a blend of expertise, experience, and compassion to the table. That’s where The Orlow Firm steps in. Here’s why choosing us is a decision you won’t regret:
- Specialized Knowledge: Nerve damage cases require a deep understanding of both legal and medical intricacies. Our lawyers have the specialized training to manage these unique challenges, ensuring that you receive comprehensive representation.
- Client-Centric Approach: We understand that nerve damage has a profound impact on your life, affecting you both physically and emotionally. Our focus is always on you, the client, offering personalized legal strategies tailored to your individual needs.
- Resourceful Investigation: Our team collaborates with medical experts, accident reconstructionists, and other specialists to gather robust evidence that strengthens your case, increasing your chances of a favorable outcome.
- No Win, No Fee: Our contingency fee structure means you don’t pay us unless we win your case. This removes financial stress, allowing you to focus entirely on your recovery.
- Reputation for Excellence: Our track record of successful verdicts and settlements in nerve damage cases speaks volumes about our capabilities. We’ve helped countless New Yorkers receive the compensation they deserve.
- Local Expertise: As New York City natives, we have an in-depth understanding of local laws, court systems, and how to navigate the complexities of cases in this jurisdiction.
- Commitment to Justice: Our ultimate goal is to secure maximum compensation for you while holding the negligent parties accountable for their actions.
Choose The Orlow Firm for your nerve damage case in New York City, and take the first step towards getting the justice and compensation you deserve.