Lawyers With a Shared Vision of Justice for Our Clients
Workers’ compensation benefits are generally available for workers who have been injured on construction sites. These benefits supply vital compensation to partially make up for lost wages and to pay for costly medical care. But what compensation is available for your pain, suffering and diminished earning capacity? And who can help you pursue your legal rights and compensation in all venues and from all available sources?
The New York construction accident attorneys of The Orlow Firm have handled thousands of personal injury cases, including numerous third-party claims following construction site accidents, since 1981. Our lawyers can thoroughly and skillfully prepare your third-party claim and can refer you to a qualified workers’ compensation lawyer to handle your workers’ compensation claim. To learn more about how we can help you, call (646) 647-3398 or contact us online.
Workers who are undocumented may have a higher risk of injury on the job. If you are an undocumented worker who was injured at work, you have legal rights in New York.
Third-Party Claims May Be Available for Injured Construction Workers
Workers who are hurt on construction sites might not realize that they may be able to file a lawsuit for compensation in addition to workers’ compensation benefits. Third-party claims are filed not against your employer (workers’ compensation laws prevent that), but against other negligent parties such as property owners, contractors, subcontractors and vendors.
Did a contractor from another organization cause your construction site accident injury? Did a falling object, carelessly placed item or vehicle operated by a contractor or other third party lead to injuries or your loved one’s wrongful death at a construction site? Our law firm has the experience to help you obtain the compensation you need after a serious construction accident.
Our NY Construction Site Injury Lawyers Can Help
Our lawyers have helped clients obtain construction accident verdicts and settlements such as:
- $1.375 million for a man who fell from a scaffold while removing asbestos from a basement, suffering severe injuries that resulted in knee and back surgery
- $1.25 million for a 35-year-old construction foreman who fell, resulting in an eye injury that caused loss of vision and a back injury
- $935,000 for a construction worker who fell into a hole at an unfinished building and broke his spine
If you have been seriously injured or lost a loved one in a construction accident, our lawyers can investigate your case to determine whether you have a third-party claim for damages, and we can help you hold responsible parties accountable for your damages.
Construction Accident Resources
Learn more about construction accidents by reviewing our articles on construction accidents.
- The ‘Fatal Four’ Cause More Than Half of Construction Deaths
- Construction Site Safety in New York
- Construction Worker Dead After Condo Crumples in Brooklyn
- Latino Workers at Higher Risk for Fatal Construction Accidents
- More American Workers Now Dying in Workplace Accidents
- Injured Construction Workers May Pursue Third-Party Claims
Contact The Orlow Firm
To learn more about how we can help you, contact the New York construction accident attorneys of The Orlow Firm. We offer free initial consultations and operate four offices across New York City for your convenience. We can come to you if you cannot come to us.
To contact us, call (646) 647-3398 or send us a message online.