Lead Poisoning Treatment
Injuries resulting from acute and chronic lead poisoning can be severe and even horrific. In extreme cases, the result can be wrongful death. The seriousness of the injuries generally increases with exposure levels.
Treatment also varies with exposure levels, and can include:
- The consumption of iron, calcium, and zinc, all of which can become deficient due to lead poisoning
- Bowel irrigation to remove lead
- The administration of anti-convulsants when seizures are present
- Medication to treat swelling of the brain
- Chelation therapy for people with high blood lead concentrations. Chelation therapy involves the addition of metals into the body that bond with lead, creating harmless metals that can be passed through the body via urine
Only a physician can prescribe and administer the proper treatment for lead exposure and poisoning. If you have questions regarding lead paint diagnosis and lead paint poisoning, it is a good idea to:
- Contact a doctor
- Call 311 to access New York City municipal services
- Contact an experienced lead paint poisoning attorney in New York City
Do you need help regarding lead paint poisoning? Do you have questions regarding the treatment of lead paint exposure? Contact The Orlow Firm at (646) 647-3398.
While rates of lead paint poisoning in New York City are decreasing, so is the funding that has likely lead to the reduction. When lead poisoning strikes, be sure and consult with an attorney with a long record of recovering compensation for clients following lead exposure.
Steve Orlow and the lawyers of The Orlow Firm have a combined 60 plus years of experience representing injured people in New York City. Our efforts have resulted in the recovery of significant sums for dozens of lead poisoning victims.
Contact the Orlow Firm
Contact The Orlow Firm for experienced personal injury representation. We offer free initial consultations and operate four offices across New York City for your convenience. We can go to you if you cannot come to us.
To contact a NYC lead paint lawyer, call (646) 647-3398.