Contact The Orlow Firm Today!
Our attorneys are ready to help you.
New York City Store Injury Lawyers
Your NYC Advocates for Retail Accidents
Slips, trips, and falls can happen anywhere, but when they occur in a store or retail establishment due to negligence, the consequences can be especially overwhelming. If you or someone you know has been injured in a store in New York City, The Orlow Firm is ready to help you seek the justice and compensation you deserve. Our team of seasoned NYC premises liability lawyers will guide you through every step of the legal process, so you can focus on your recovery.
- The Orlow Firm specializes in representing victims of store injuries in New York City.
- Common injuries include slips, trips, falls, and falling objects.
- New York premises liability laws make it possible for victims to claim compensation.
- It’s crucial to act promptly; New York has a statute of limitations for personal injury cases.
- Call (646) 647-3398 For A Free Case Evaluation
How The Orlow Firm Can Help Maximize Your Case
When you’ve been injured in a store in New York City, seeking legal representation is crucial for obtaining the compensation you rightfully deserve. The Orlow Firm specializes in representing victims of store injuries and is dedicated to helping you maximize your case in the following ways:
- Thorough Investigation: One of the first steps we take is to launch a comprehensive investigation into the circumstances surrounding your injury. This includes gathering evidence like security footage, eyewitness accounts, and expert testimony to establish negligence on the part of the store owner or management.
- Expert Legal Counsel: Our New York City store injury lawyers have a deep understanding of New York’s premises liability laws, which we leverage to build a compelling case for you. Our experience in the field allows us to anticipate potential challenges and prepare counterarguments, strengthening your position for negotiations or court proceedings.
- Negotiation Skills: We have a proven track record of successfully negotiating settlements that reflect the full scope of damages you’ve incurred, from medical bills and lost wages to emotional suffering. Our negotiation skills come from years of practice and an acute understanding of both law and human psychology.
- Accessibility and Communication: We pride ourselves on our open and transparent communication. You will always be in the loop about the status of your case, and our team is available to answer any questions or address concerns you may have throughout the process.
- No Upfront Costs: With our no-win, no-fee guarantee, you won’t have to worry about legal fees unless we win your case. This allows you to focus on what’s most important—your recovery.
Maximize your chances of securing the compensation you deserve by entrusting your New York City store injury case to The Orlow Firm. To start your journey towards justice and healing, call us today at (646) 647-3398.
Common Types of Store Injuries
When you walk into a store, the last thing you expect is to suffer an injury. However, accidents can and do happen in retail environments, especially when proper safety measures are not in place. At The Orlow Firm, we specialize in representing victims of various types of store injuries in New York City. Below is an exhaustive look at the kinds of injuries you could encounter and how we can help you seek compensation.
- Wet Floors: Failure to promptly clean spills or post “wet floor” signs can lead to slips.
- Uneven Surfaces: Poorly maintained floors or sudden changes in flooring can cause trips.
- Poor Lighting: Dim lighting can make it difficult to see obstacles, leading to falls.
- Unsecured Items: Products that are not properly shelved can fall and cause injuries.
- Falling Displays: Inadequately secured promotional displays can collapse and cause accidents.
- Construction Hazards: Renovations or construction within the store can also lead to falling objects, leading to injuries.
- Broken Glass: Shattered windows or broken product containers can pose cutting hazards.
- Sharp Edges: Shelving units or displays with sharp edges can cause abrasions or cuts.
Burns and Electrocutions
- Electrical Hazards: Exposed wiring or malfunctioning equipment can result in electrocution.
- Chemical Burns: Leaking cleaning agents or other hazardous substances can cause chemical burns.
- Shopping Carts: Collisions with uncontrolled shopping carts can lead to bruises or fractures.
- Employee Accidents: Employees operating machinery or moving heavy objects can accidentally collide with customers, leading to injuries.
If you’ve suffered from any of the above types of injuries in a New York City store, The Orlow Firm is equipped with the expertise to help you get the compensation you deserve. We will carry out a meticulous investigation to establish the store’s liability and work tirelessly to maximize your compensation for medical expenses, loss of income, and emotional suffering.
For a free consultation and to explore your legal options, call The Orlow Firm today at (646) 647-3398.
Who’s Legally Liable For Retail Store Injuries In New York?
Understanding the issue of legal liability is crucial if you’ve been injured in a retail store in New York City. Liability can vary depending on the circumstances of your injury, the parties involved, and the legal standards applicable in New York State. Here’s an exhaustive guide on who might be legally liable for store injuries in New York City, and how The Orlow Firm can assist you in holding the responsible parties accountable.
Store Owners and Management
Under New York’s premises liability laws, store owners have a duty to maintain a reasonably safe environment for customers. Failure to do so can result in their being held liable for any injuries that occur on the premises. Liability can also extend to those responsible for managing the property.
Employees are often an extension of the store owner. If an employee’s negligence directly leads to an injury—such as failing to clean up a spill or secure shelving properly—the store owner can still be held liable.
In some situations, the negligence of third-party contractors, like cleaning services or maintenance workers, can lead to injuries. If an injury is due to their failure to perform their duties correctly, they can also be held liable.
If an injury is caused by a defective product or equipment within the store, the manufacturer of that product may also bear some liability under product liability laws.
Though less common, customers can also be liable if their negligent or intentional actions cause injury to another customer. For example, if a customer knowingly spills liquid and doesn’t report it, leading to another customer’s injury, they could potentially be held responsible.
In some cases, more than one party can share liability for an injury. New York follows the doctrine of comparative negligence, which means that even if you are partially responsible for your injury, you may still recover damages, though they will be reduced according to your share of fault.
Determining liability in a New York City store injury case can be complex. The Orlow Firm specializes in identifying all liable parties and holding them accountable, thereby maximizing your compensation. We leverage our deep knowledge of New York premises and liability laws to build a robust case for you.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a store in New York City, don’t navigate the maze of liability alone. Call The Orlow Firm today at (646) 647-3398 to discuss your case and explore your legal options.
What Can Retail Store Injury Victims Be Compensated For In New York?
If you have suffered an injury in a retail store in New York City, you may be eligible for various types of compensation to help you recover financially, physically, and emotionally. Below is an exhaustive guide on the types of compensation you might be entitled to and how The Orlow Firm can assist you in maximizing your claim.
- Medical Expenses: These encompass costs related to hospitalization, surgery, ongoing treatment, medication, and any future medical expenses related to the injury.
- Lost Wages: If your injury forces you to miss work or reduces your earning capacity, you can claim compensation for lost income, both past and future.
- Rehabilitation Costs: Physical therapy, counseling, and other rehabilitation services can also be included in economic damages.
- Property Damage: If any personal property, such as your phone or laptop, was damaged in the accident, its repair or replacement cost can be claimed.
- Pain and Suffering: Compensation for the physical pain and discomfort you have endured as a result of your injury.
- Emotional Distress: Mental suffering, anxiety, depression, or any other emotional hardships caused by the accident may also be compensated.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life: This refers to the reduction in your quality of life due to your injury, including your ability to enjoy hobbies, exercise, and other leisure activities.
- Loss of Consortium: If the injury has adversely affected your relationship with your spouse or family, you may be entitled to compensation for loss of companionship or affection.
Though rare in retail store injury cases, punitive damages may be awarded in situations where the defendant’s conduct was particularly egregious or intentional.
Navigating the complexities of compensation claims in New York City store injury cases requires an expert touch. The Orlow Firm excels at identifying all potential avenues of compensation and vigorously pursuing them to ensure you receive the maximum amount to which you are entitled.
Don’t leave your compensation to chance. If you’ve been injured in a retail store in New York City, call The Orlow Firm today at (646) 647-3398 to learn how we can help you secure the compensation you deserve.
Prevention Methods for Retail Store Injuries in New York City
When it comes to retail store injuries in New York City, prevention is the best form of protection for both store owners and customers alike. As personal injury lawyers specializing in store injuries, The Orlow Firm advocates for proactive measures to ensure safety and mitigate the risk of accidents. Here’s how:
For Store Owners:
- Regular Inspections: Consistently inspect the premises for hazards such as wet floors, uneven surfaces, or loose shelving.
- Proper Signage: Use signs to alert customers of potential risks like wet floors, ongoing construction, or restricted areas.
- Employee Training: Educate staff on safety protocols, such as how to properly clean spills and how to handle emergencies.
- Good Lighting: Maintain adequate lighting throughout the store, including stairwells and parking lots, to help prevent trips and falls.
- Be Observant: Always look out for signs or warnings and heed them.
- Use Handrails: When available, especially on staircases or escalators.
- Report Hazards: If you see a hazard like a spill or an uneven surface, report it to store employees immediately.
By implementing these preventative methods, store owners can significantly reduce the risk of injuries, thereby lessening their liability. And customers can proactively protect themselves against potential accidents.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a retail store despite these prevention measures, The Orlow Firm can help you understand your legal rights and seek compensation. For a free consultation, call us today at (646) 647-3398.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How quickly should I contact a lawyer?
- Can I sue if the store had a warning sign about the hazard?
- What if I partly contributed to the accident?
- Do I have to go to court?
- What is my case worth?
Why Choose The Orlow Firm as Your New York City Store Injury Lawyers?
When it comes to seeking justice for store injuries in New York City, the law firm you choose to represent you can make all the difference. Here are several compelling reasons why The Orlow Firm should be your go-to choice for your store injury case:
- Extensive Experience: Our New York City store injury lawyers have years of experience navigating the complex landscape of premises liability laws specific to New York. This extensive knowledge allows us to build an airtight case for you, increasing your chances of receiving the compensation you deserve.
- Personalized Attention: At The Orlow Firm, we value each of our clients as individuals with unique circumstances. We take the time to fully understand the specifics of your case, ensuring that your particular needs are met and that your questions are answered throughout the legal process.
- No-Win, No-Fee Promise: Our confidence in successfully representing you is underlined by our no-win, no-fee commitment. This ensures that you can seek justice without financial risk, allowing you to focus solely on your recovery.
- Thorough Investigation: Our legal team prides itself on leaving no stone unturned. We conduct exhaustive investigations to identify negligence and hold the responsible parties accountable, including gathering crucial evidence and expert testimonies to bolster your case.
- Client-Centric Approach: We understand that injuries can be a stressful and overwhelming experience. Our attorneys are committed to offering compassionate legal support, making sure you’re updated at every stage and equipped with the information you need to make informed decisions.
Don’t leave your case to chance. If you’re dealing with the aftermath of a store injury in New York City, call The Orlow Firm today at (646) 647-3398 for unparalleled expertise and personalized legal care.
When you need legal guidance for a store injury in New York City, make the right choice—choose The Orlow Firm. Don’t wait; the clock is ticking on your ability to file a claim. Call us at (646) 647-3398 to schedule your free consultation.