Bronx Premises Liability Lawyers
Representing Clients Injured in Premises Liability Cases in The Bronx
People who own or have control of property have a responsibility to properly maintain it. Failing to maintain property can result in slip-and-falls and other accidents that cause serious and even fatal injuries. Many of these injuries will leave victims unable to work or care for their families and may even leave permanent scars or disabilities.
If you or a loved one has been injured on the property of another, a seasoned premises liability attorney can help you recover maximum compensation for your injuries. The Orlow Firm is a law firm with more than 30 years of experience representing victims of personal injuries, including slip-and-falls and other premises-related accidents. We help clients in Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens and Manhattan and throughout New York.
Our attorneys offer free consultations for potential premises liability cases after slip-and-fall accidents or other accidents resulting from negligent maintenance. Call (646) 647-3398 or email us.
Experienced Attorneys for Many Premises Liability Claims
Property owners and residents can be held liable for injuries that occur on their property under a legal theory called premises liability. Injuries on these properties can result from accidents such as:
- Slip-and-falls on sidewalks
- Elevator accidents caused by improper maintenance or elevator defects
- Negligent security
- Lead poisoning
Premises liability claims can result from many other types of accidents and injuries. If you were attacked while at your rental property, you may be entitled to recover for negligently maintained locks, faulty fire exits and other failed maintenance. Our attorneys have experience representing victims of rapes and assaults resulting from failed maintenance or security.
Holding Negligent Property Owners Accountable
We are dedicated to representing victims and families in premises liability claims against negligent commercial property owners, homeowners and other parties responsible for property maintenance. Among our success stories:
- A $2.875 million settlement for a 56-year-old man who fell 16 feet into an open elevator shaft at his apartment building. He suffered a fractured vertebra in his back as well as broken bones in his heels.
- A $500,000 recovery for a 28-year-old nurse who injured her knee at work when she slipped on water from a leak the hospital had failed to repair.
Premises Liability Resources
The following articles provide more information about premises liability.
- Premises Liability: Can You Prove It?
- Dangerous Dogs: Does the Landlord Pay for Damages?
- Injured While Shopping: Retail-Related Personal Injury Cases
- Premises Liability: An Overview
- New York Premises Liability: Questions and Answers
- Premises Security Litigation: A Growing Field of Personal Injury Practice
Bronx Workers’ Premises Liability Lawyers
Employers and building owners have a responsibility to provide a safe place for workers to do their jobs. Despite this, workers in Bronx are regularly injured by unsafe conditions at offices and other work sites. Workers may look first to workers’ compensation, but it may not cover the full cost of their injuries.
In some cases, workers who are injured by dangerous conditions at work may have premises liability claims. The Orlow Firm can help. We are a Bronx law firm that focuses on helping injured people obtain the compensation they need to recover. We believe our clients deserve the best representation possible, and we make sure that they speak directly with a partner at the firm. We serve clients throughout New York City, including Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan and the Bronx.
Serious Injuries in The Bronx From Workplace Premises Liability Accidents
Premises liability requires property owners and managers to keep buildings and other property safe and provide warning of potential hazards. When accidents happen because property was unsafe and warnings were not given, serious injuries can result. Our lawyers can help injured workers with claims after many types of workplace accidents, including:
- Cleaning hazards. Maintenance companies that wash floors and clean offices may create dangerous situations for workers in the building. Slip-and-fall accidents can result in serious head injuries, spinal cord injuries and broken bones.
- Elevator accidents. Elevator accidents can happen when machinery is defective or when elevators are not maintained or inspected properly.
- Equipment hazards. Cleaning and construction equipment can create hazards if they are not safely stored and used.
- Poorly maintained buildings. Buildings that are not kept up may develop safety issues such as broken stairs, uneven sidewalks, inadequate fire protection and other serious dangers.
Workers who are injured due to one of these hazards may have a premises liability claim. Although employers often cannot be sued directly, workers may be able to file third-party claims against other negligent parties, including cleaning companies, property owners, construction firms, elevator maintenance companies and others. Successful third-party claims may result in more compensation than workers’ compensation alone.
Contact The Orlow Firm
If you have suffered an injury on the premises of another, we would be happy to provide you with an assessment of your injuries and an explanation of the extent of damages you may be entitled to recover.
Contact us online or call (646) 647-3398 to schedule a confidential and honest assessment of your case.