Contact The Orlow Firm Today!
Our attorneys are ready to help you.
What Types of Injuries Are Covered Under New York Workers’ Compensation?
Expert Workers Comp Lawyers With Offices In Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan & The Bronx
Getting injured at work is a harrowing experience that comes with emotional, physical, and financial burdens. New York’s Workers’ Compensation law serves as a safety net, aiming to protect employees who are hurt while performing their job duties. It’s crucial to understand the types of injuries that are covered under this system so that you can protect your rights and get the compensation you deserve. Contact our New York City Workers Comp Attorneys for a free case evaluation. (646) 647-3398
- Workers’ Compensation in New York covers a broad range of work-related injuries and illnesses, from slips and falls to occupational diseases.
- Coverage generally extends to both physical and psychological conditions that are directly linked to your job.
- The system aims to provide medical benefits and wage replacements to eligible workers, irrespective of who is at fault for the injury.
- Call (646) 647-3398 For A Free Case Evaluation
Common Types of Covered Injuries
- Slips, Trips, and Falls: The most common type of workplace injury, often caused by wet floors, uneven surfaces, or poor lighting.
- Strains and Sprains: Frequently seen in jobs that require heavy lifting or repetitive movements.
- Cuts and Lacerations: These can occur in various work environments, often due to mishandling tools or machinery.
- Burns: Often occur in restaurants, labs, and manufacturing units where employees are exposed to heat or chemicals.
- Broken Bones and Fractures: These can happen due to falls, machinery malfunctions, or vehicular accidents.
- Asbestos Exposure: Often seen in construction or older buildings, leading to conditions like mesothelioma.
- Respiratory Conditions: Such as asthma or bronchitis, particularly common in environments with dust, chemicals, or fumes.
- Skin Diseases: Eczema or dermatitis can develop due to exposure to irritating substances.
- Stress and Anxiety: Though harder to prove, chronic stress and anxiety directly linked to work may be covered.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): Could be covered if developed due to a traumatic work-related incident.
Injuries Outside the Workplace
- Off-Site Injuries: Accidents that occur while on a work-related task or during business travel may be covered.
- Vehicle Accidents: Injuries sustained while operating a vehicle for work-related tasks can qualify.
- Time Limits: You must report the injury to your employer within 30 days and file a Workers’ Compensation claim within two years of the incident.
- Eligibility: Not all workers are eligible for Workers’ Compensation. For instance, independent contractors usually do not qualify.
- Documentation: Proper medical documentation is essential for a successful claim.
- No-Fault System: Workers’ Compensation is a no-fault system, meaning benefits are available irrespective of who is at fault for the injury.
How The Orlow Firm Can Help Maximize Your Case
When you’ve suffered a workplace injury in New York City, securing fair and full compensation is your right. However, navigating the complexities of the Workers’ Compensation system can be a daunting task. That’s where The Orlow Firm comes into play. With a team of experienced Personal Injury Attorneys specializing in New York Workers’ Compensation laws, we are dedicated to ensuring you get the maximum benefits you’re entitled to.
Initial Consultation and Comprehensive Case Assessment
Your journey with us starts with a thorough initial consultation, where we listen to the details of your case, assess its merits, and guide you on the best course of action. We consider the extent of your injuries, your employment situation, and other factors that can affect your claim under New York Workers’ Compensation laws.
Meticulous Paperwork and Timely Filing
The Workers’ Compensation claim process involves numerous forms, strict deadlines, and specific filing procedures. A minor mistake can result in claim denial or reduced benefits. At The Orlow Firm, we ensure that your claim is filed correctly and on time. Our attention to detail minimizes errors and expedites your compensation process.
In-depth Evidence Collection
Solid evidence is the backbone of a successful Workers’ Compensation claim. We help you gather all necessary documents, from medical records to accident reports and witness statements. We also collaborate with medical experts to document your injuries and treatment comprehensively, which can significantly enhance your claim’s credibility.
Skilled Negotiations with Insurance Companies
Insurance companies are in the business of minimizing payouts. Our New York City Personal Injury Attorneys have years of experience in negotiating with these companies. We know the tactics they employ to devalue claims and are prepared to counter them effectively. Our objective is to secure maximum compensation on your behalf.
Legal Representation at Hearings and Appeals
If your claim reaches the hearing stage or is initially denied, we stand by your side to provide robust legal representation. Our in-depth understanding of New York Workers’ Compensation laws ensures that you have a strong advocate in your corner. Additionally, if an appeal is necessary, we guide you through each step, from paperwork to representation, ensuring that no stone is left unturned in the pursuit of justice.
Transparent Communication and Legal Fees
One of our core principles is transparent communication. We keep you informed about your case’s progress, potential challenges, and the strategies we’re employing. We also operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay nothing unless we win your case.
By entrusting your New York Workers’ Compensation claim to The Orlow Firm, you maximize your chances of receiving the compensation you rightfully deserve. Our meticulous, client-focused approach sets us apart in the crowded landscape of New York City Personal Injury Attorneys. If you’ve been injured at work and need expert guidance on your Workers’ Compensation claim, call (646) 647-3398 for a free case evaluation.