New York City Broken Jaw Lawyers
When you’re facing the painful and life-altering consequences of a broken jaw, the last thing you should be worrying about is navigating the complexities of the legal system. At The Orlow Firm, we understand how traumatizing an injury like this can be. Our team of New York City Broken Jaw Lawyers is dedicated to making sure you get the compensation you deserve so you can focus on your recovery.
- A broken jaw can lead to severe medical, financial, and emotional burdens.
- Determining liability is crucial for obtaining compensation.
- The Orlow Firm specializes in broken jaw cases in NYC, helping you maximize your case.
Why You Need a Lawyer Specializing in Broken Jaw Injuries
Navigating the aftermath of a broken jaw injury in New York City can be an overwhelming experience. The physical and emotional toll is hard enough without the added burden of legal complications. This is where a lawyer specializing in broken jaw injuries can make a pivotal difference. Unlike general personal injury lawyers, specialists in this area are well-versed in the intricacies that come with broken jaw cases, from understanding the medical complexities to calculating the long-term impact on your life and livelihood.
At The Orlow Firm, we have the experience and expertise needed to handle the unique challenges presented by broken jaw injuries. We understand the specific types of medical evidence that will strengthen your case, as well as the legal strategies best suited to New York’s laws. Our team is adept at identifying the responsible parties and holding them accountable, ensuring that you get the maximum compensation possible.
Moreover, in a bustling city like New York, where the laws and regulations can be quite different from other jurisdictions, having a local specialist is invaluable. We know how to navigate the city’s court systems efficiently, saving you both time and money in the long run. In summary, when it comes to securing the best outcome for your broken jaw injury case in New York City, specialized legal support is not just an option—it’s a necessity.
Common Types of Broken Jaw Injuries & Who’s Liable
In a bustling metropolis like New York City, the potential for accidents resulting in broken jaw injuries is unfortunately high. Various scenarios can lead to such devastating injuries, and understanding the common causes can help pinpoint who is legally liable for your suffering. At The Orlow Firm, we frequently handle cases involving the following causes:
- Car Accidents: Given NYC’s dense traffic, car accidents are a common cause of broken jaws. Negligent drivers who engage in reckless behaviors like speeding or distracted driving often bear liability.
Who’s Liable: If you suffered a broken jaw due to a car accident, the driver who caused the crash is often held liable. This may involve proving negligence or reckless behavior on their part.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: NYC’s busy sidewalks, stairwells, and public spaces can be hazardous. Property owners who fail to maintain these areas can be held responsible for slip and fall accidents that result in broken jaws.
Who’s Liable: In these cases, the property owner or manager could be liable, particularly if they failed to maintain a safe environment. This is known as premises liability and it’s a key area of focus in New York personal injury law.
- Physical Assaults: Sadly, physical violence is another common cause. These cases often occur in public venues, where the establishment itself may share in the liability if adequate security was not provided.
Who’s Liable: In violent incidents, the assailant is obviously liable, but liability may also extend to the establishment where the assault occurred, especially if inadequate security contributed to the incident.
- Work-Related Accidents: In industrial zones and construction sites, the risk of a broken jaw is elevated due to heavy machinery and high-impact tools. Employers may be liable if safety measures were inadequate.
Who’s Liable: Employers may be held responsible for broken jaw injuries sustained at the workplace. They are required by law to provide a safe working environment, and failure to do so can lead to legal consequences.
- Sports Injuries: Recreational activities and organized sports can sometimes lead to broken jaws, especially when proper safety equipment is not used or rules are not followed.
Who’s Liable: Liability could fall on the organizers, other participants, or even manufacturers of faulty equipment, depending on the situation.
Understanding these common causes is essential for building a robust legal case. At The Orlow Firm, we leverage this knowledge to identify the responsible parties and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve for your broken jaw injury in New York City.
What Can You Be Compensated For?
After suffering a broken jaw in New York City, you’re likely facing a barrage of medical bills, lost wages, and emotional distress. It’s crucial to know what types of compensation you may be entitled to, as this can significantly impact your recovery process. At The Orlow Firm, our specialized team of New York City Broken Bone Lawyers works diligently to ensure you receive full compensation for a range of damages:
- Medical Expenses: This covers immediate medical costs such as surgery, X-rays, and medication, as well as long-term care like physical therapy and any necessary reconstructive procedures.
- Lost Wages: If your broken jaw injury prevents you from working, either temporarily or permanently, you may be compensated for the income you’ve lost and may lose in the future.
- Pain and Suffering: While more challenging to quantify, emotional and psychological suffering is a real consequence of severe injuries. We strive to put a fair dollar amount on these non-economic damages.
- Rehabilitation Costs: The path to recovery often requires specialized rehabilitation services, including speech therapy and occupational therapy, which can also be included in your compensation.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life: Severe injuries like a broken jaw can impact your ability to participate in activities you once enjoyed, and you may be compensated for this loss.
Our team focuses on maximizing these compensatory damages, tailoring our legal strategies to the unique circumstances of your broken jaw injury. In a complex legal landscape like New York City, having a specialized lawyer to navigate these categories of compensation is not just advantageous—it’s essential.
Understanding the specific laws governing broken bone injuries in New York City is critical for a successful personal injury claim. Below are some of the key laws and statutes often applicable in these cases:
- New York Civil Practice Law & Rules § 1411 (Comparative Negligence): New York follows a “pure comparative negligence” system. Under this law, you can still recover damages even if you’re partially at fault, although your compensation may be reduced in proportion to your level of fault.
- New York General Obligations Law § 9-103 (Premises Liability): This statute outlines the responsibilities property owners have in maintaining a safe environment. Failing to adhere to this can result in liability for injuries sustained on their property, including broken jaw injuries from slips and falls.
- New York Workers’ Compensation Law Article 2: If your injury occurred at the workplace, you’ll generally be covered under New York’s Workers’ Compensation system, which prohibits most direct lawsuits against employers but provides a means for securing medical costs and lost wages.
- New York Vehicle & Traffic Law §§ 1100-1131: These sections dictate the rules of the road and can be cited to establish the negligence of a driver involved in a car accident that resulted in a broken jaw.
- New York Civil Practice Law & Rules § 214 (Statute of Limitations): In New York, you have three years from the date of the injury to file a personal injury lawsuit. Failing to meet this deadline can mean forfeiting your right to seek compensation.
The team at The Orlow Firm is intimately familiar with these and other relevant laws and statutes. Our specialized focus on broken bone cases in New York City allows us to effectively navigate the complexities of the local legal landscape, maximizing the likelihood of a successful outcome in your broken jaw injury case.
Statute of Limitations
Time is of the essence when pursuing a personal injury claim for a broken jaw in New York City. The law imposes a specific timeframe within which you must file your lawsuit, known as the statute of limitations. In New York, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases is outlined in the New York Civil Practice Law & Rules § 214. According to this section, you have three years from the date of the injury to initiate a legal action. Missing this crucial deadline often results in the forfeiture of your right to seek any compensation.
Exceptions to this rule are exceedingly rare. For example, if the victim is a minor, the clock on the three-year period doesn’t start running until they turn 18. In some specific cases involving government entities, the time frame may be even shorter, and specific procedures may need to be followed.
At The Orlow Firm, we understand that while you’re dealing with the immediate impact of a broken jaw—medical treatments, lost wages, emotional distress—it’s easy to lose track of time. However, adhering to the statute of limitations is crucial for the viability of your case. Our specialized team of New York City Broken Bone Lawyers is here to guide you through the legal maze, ensuring that all essential deadlines are met so that you can focus on your recovery.
While our primary focus at The Orlow Firm is to provide legal assistance after a broken jaw injury has occurred, we also believe in the importance of prevention. Understanding how to minimize the risk of such injuries is beneficial for everyone, especially in a fast-paced environment like New York City. Here are some prevention methods to consider:
- Road Safety: Always adhere to traffic rules, wear seat belts, and avoid distractions like texting while driving. This minimizes the risk of car accidents, a common cause of broken jaw injuries.
- Safe Walking Practices: Exercise caution while walking on sidewalks or in public spaces. Be mindful of wet floors, uneven surfaces, and obstacles to prevent slip and fall accidents.
- Workplace Safety: If your job involves physical labor or machinery, always use the required safety gear and follow safety protocols. Employers should regularly review and enforce safety measures.
- Security Measures: In areas where physical assault is a concern, having adequate security measures such as surveillance cameras and security personnel can act as deterrents.
- Sports Safety: When engaging in recreational activities or organized sports, always use the appropriate safety equipment, including mouthguards, to protect your jaw and face.
- Public Awareness: Being aware of your surroundings in crowded or unfamiliar settings can help you avoid situations where injuries like a broken jaw could occur.
These preventive methods may not eliminate the risk entirely, but they can significantly reduce the chances of sustaining a broken jaw injury. And should you find yourself in need of legal help, our team of specialized New York City Broken Bone Lawyers at The Orlow Firm is always here to assist you.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long will my case take?
The duration of your broken jaw case can vary depending on several factors, including the complexity of the case, the parties involved, and the legal procedures required. While some cases may resolve quickly through a settlement, others might necessitate a longer duration, especially if they go to trial. At The Orlow Firm, our specialized New York City Broken Bone Lawyers will work diligently to expedite the process while ensuring that you receive the maximum compensation you deserve.
- What is the average settlement for a broken jaw injury?
It’s difficult to provide an average settlement amount for broken jaw cases, as each case is unique and dependent on various factors such as the severity of the injury, medical costs, and loss of income. Settlement amounts can range from thousands to hundreds of thousands of dollars or more. At The Orlow Firm, our goal is to ensure that you receive the maximum compensation applicable to your specific circumstances.
- Do I have to go to court?
Going to court is not always necessary when pursuing a claim for a broken jaw injury. Many cases are successfully resolved through settlement negotiations without ever reaching trial. However, if a fair settlement cannot be reached, The Orlow Firm is fully prepared to take your case to court to ensure you receive the justice and compensation you deserve.
- What if I’m partially at fault?
In New York, the concept of “pure comparative negligence” applies, as per New York Civil Practice Law & Rules § 1411. This means that even if you are partially at fault for your broken jaw injury, you can still seek compensation, though the amount may be reduced in proportion to your degree of fault. At The Orlow Firm, we specialize in navigating these complexities to ensure you receive the most favorable outcome possible.
- How do I start my case?
Starting your broken jaw injury case is as simple as reaching out to The Orlow Firm for a free consultation. Our specialized team of New York City Broken Bone Lawyers will assess the merits of your case, guide you through the necessary legal procedures, and develop a tailored strategy for pursuing your claim. Contact us today to take the first step towards obtaining the justice and compensation you deserve.
Why Choose The Orlow Firm?
- Choosing the right legal representation can be a pivotal decision after sustaining a broken jaw injury, especially in a legally intricate setting like New York City. At The Orlow Firm, we stand apart for several compelling reasons:
- Specialization: Unlike general personal injury firms, our team focuses explicitly on broken bone cases, allowing us to hone our expertise and stay abreast of relevant laws and regulations.
- Experience: With years of experience handling complex personal injury claims, our lawyers possess the skills and knowledge to navigate the challenges unique to New York City’s legal landscape.
- Client-Centric Approach: We believe in offering personalized attention to each client, ensuring you’re not just another case number. Our lawyers are readily accessible, keeping you informed and involved at every stage of your claim.
- Maximized Compensation: Our firm is committed to securing the highest possible compensation for your injuries, which includes medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. We meticulously prepare each case as if it were going to trial, often leading to more favorable settlement offers.
- No Win, No Fee: We operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay nothing unless we win your case. This arrangement ensures our interests are aligned with yours and removes any financial barriers to pursuing your claim.
- Reputation: Our success is reflected not just in our case outcomes, but in the testimonials from satisfied clients who have found justice and peace of mind through our services.
The Orlow Firm isn’t just another legal practice; we’re your dedicated partners in achieving the justice and compensation you rightfully deserve. Trust us to be your New York City Broken Bone Lawyers, and experience the difference that specialization and personalized legal care can make.
If you’ve suffered a broken jaw in an accident, don’t wait to seek the legal representation you deserve. Contact The Orlow Firm today to benefit from our specialized expertise in handling broken bone cases in New York City. We are committed to securing you the maximum compensation while you focus on your recovery. With our no-win, no-fee promise, taking the first step toward justice is risk-free. Call us now to schedule your free consultation.
Call The Orlow Firm Today (646) 647-3398